The core business and ORION pride it’s doubtful the naval design . Engineer’s with extensive experiences in some leading shipyards technicals offices allows ORION Naval Engineering to offer competences over a large range of vessels
The core business and ORION pride is without doubt the technical aspect of a design. Engineer’s extensive experiences in the technical offices of some leading shipyards allows ORION naval Engineering to offer their competences over a large range of vessels:
Materials: Aluminium, steel, composites, wood.
Types: Displacement or planing motor boats
And the following range of ship design services:
- General design
- Preliminary dimensioning
- Weight estimations
- Hull design and hydrodynamics
- Resistance prediction
- Model testing
- Speed versus power estimations
- Stability ,impact & damage studies
- Design and dimensioning of onboard systems
- Design and dimensioning of piping systems
- General studies: hull structure, ventilation, mechanical
- Functional studies : electricity & automation
- Design and dimensioning of stabilising systems
- Defining of the maker’s list
- Coordination with the classification society.
Survey / Project management / Refit / Conversion
ORION has handled some significant new build, refit and conversion projects for our client. Experts and engineer’s technical shipyard experience means that ORION can provide supervision to an owner to a highly professional standard minimising the typical problems that arise when refitting or building a ship.
ORION’s team of experts will assist owners through the complex issues, such as:
- Development of Client requirements
- Outline tendering design
- Detailed tendering designs
- Assessment of standard designs and specifications
- Propulsion and Engineering studies
- Preparation of technical specifications
- Project review, development planning and cost estimating
- Control and supervision during sea-trials and tests bothduring construction
- Assistance to the owner for waranty issues
Typical Engineering services include:
- Supervision of machinery system installations
- Technical investigations into equipment and system failures
- Upgrading of machinery systems for existing ships
- Planned OMC and maintenance systems
Solutions tailored to client’s requirements
ORION is involved in a wide variety of projects on every type of vessel, including Ropax, passenger vessels,yachts, and offshore vessels.
All our surveyors are fully qualified marine engineers and naval architects, with extensive seagoing, ship management and design experience.
ORION provide a worldwide rapid response programme delivering consistent, professional and efficient surveys on all categories of marine survey, including:
• Pre-Purchase Inspections - providing full condition reports, tender evaluation
• Pre listing inspection
• Classification Record Analysis with all the major classification society offices like BV, GL, LS,etc.
• Damage survey : Structural, machinery .
• Mechanical survey
• Maintenance inspection
- Moisture inspection
- Metal hull ultra sound thickness testing
- Repair works
• New Building : plan approval and supervision services.
• Conversion and Repair Project Management
- Major repair management
- Routine refit supervision.